This is a portable method of electroplating and is used to electroplate in localised areas of a part without the use of immersion tank. Primarily used for enhancing surfaces on OEM components, repair and salvaging worn parts. Applicable across a wide range of industries, including aerospace, oil and gas and more.
Brush Plating Elements :
- Plating Tool with absorbent wrap (Anode)
- Rectifier to supply direct current
- Special Brush plating solution (Electrolyte)
- Work Piece (Cathode)
Brush Plating Process Steps :
- Work Piece base material-specific preparatory steps to ensure Good deposit
- Rectifier to supply Direct Current to work Piece (Cathode) and plating tool (Anode)
- Dedicated electrodes are used for each operation
- The electrodes are covered with an absorbent material saturated with a solution
- Movement between work piece and plating tool.
- Plating of metal (Zn / Cu) deposit to the desired thickness
- Can process part that is too large for immersion plating.
- Plating can be done anywhere in the workshop or customer site as the equipment is mobile
- Lower manufacturing cost as raw material and utility usage are low
- Significantly minimise Masking time as compare to traditional tank-plating
- Environmentally friendly due to less emission.